Today’s SonicNetBattlers’ tournament is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.
Please note: This article was updated with new information.
July 10, 2020 at 11:00 PM CEST. July 27, 2020 at 2:30 PM EDT.
- The tournament should have a Double Elimination format.
- The sets are Bo3 except Winner’s, Loser’s and Grand Finals which are Bo5.
- The gamemode is Action Race. – Both players play Rock Paper Scissors (https://www.rpsgame.org/) to see who picks the character first.
- Auto Handicap setting needs to be turned off.
- The player who picked first then bans 1 stage from Starter Stages.
- The other player chooses from the remaining Starter Stages available.
- Starter Stages: City Escape Radical Highway Final Chase
- After a match, the loser can change character first if wanted. The winner can then also change character if wanted.
- After that, the winner bans 3 stages from Starter Stages and/or Counterpick Stages and the loser chooses from the remaining stages available.
- If the player THAT CHOSE the stage wins, THAT player can’t choose that stage again for the rest of the set (either Bo3 or Bo5). This applies to every match.
- Counterpick Stages: Metal Harbor White Jungle Green Forest Sky Rail Final Rush
- If the timer runs out, the winner is decided by the game.
- If it’s a draw, the winner is the player with more rings. In case both players have the same amount of rings, the match will be replayed.
- The winner of the set is the player that wins 2 matches in a Bo3 or 3 matches in a Bo5.
- Pausing while in the middle of a race will result in the loss of the match, unless both players consider to continue or restart the race. – Increasing or decreasing the buffer input delay from Dolphin while in the middle of a race will result in the loss of the set. – Closing the netplay session while in the middle of a race will result in the loss of the match.
The bracket will be livestreamed on https://www.twitch.tv/the_real_protagonist.
The tournament is being held in recogniztion of the Black Lives Matter movement. Please donate to the following links: