Like in previous years we will be creating a SAGE trailer with some of the games that will show up this year! If you’d like to have your submission be a part of this trailer, please send us an email with your footage to: [email protected] with the following:
- Game’s footage, up to 15 seconds in length.
- Name of your game on the email’s subject.
- 1920×1080 (HD) resolution.
- .MP4 format.
- 60FPS (Recommended)
For the e-mail, please try your best to follow these requirements, this ensures we don’t leave anyone behind:
- Please name your file with the same name of the game you’re submitting to SAGE.
For example: “SONICLEGENDSTRAILER.mp4” or “Sonic_Legends.mp4” are much better names than “SAGEtrailer.mp4”. This makes sure we don’t accidentally misplace or miss out on anyone’s footage.
- Add some text to the body of your e-mail, even if a simple: “hey there, this is my teaser for the upcoming SAGE trailer, thanks!”, this ensures the email you’re sending is not flagged as spam for us.
We made a short “do and don’t” video that can be viewed by clicking HERE. It will give you a good idea of what we’d prefer when you are gathering footage for your trailer submission. (It is not a requirement to follow what we’re asking from this video.)
The deadline for the trailer submissions is July 11th 11:59 PST. Trailer submissions made after this date will not be accepted.
To reserve your time for streaming, please send an email to [email protected] with your name and with “Stream” in the subject.
- Each stream entry must have the following:
- The name of your stream.
- The time at which you would like to broadcast your stream in PST.
- (Optional) Your availability during SAGE week.
- What content your stream will involve.
- A link to your current stream page (Youtube, Twitch, etc.).
- We will do our best to work with and around everyone’s schedules. Keep in mind we will have plans in the beginning and end of SAGE, but the rest of the slots will go quick. Make sure to reserve your streaming slot as soon as possible!
- Unless you have a very specific reason for your stream to be longer, please try to keep slot reservations in the 2-3 hour range, though this is a loose restriction that is much more lax during the less active hours of the event (Late hours).
- Streams targeted at English-speaking audiences will take priority in our time slots.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why does my entry show as not approved yet?
A: Entries will only be approved once the event begins on August 21st. Before that time, all entries will remain hidden from public view. If for whatever reason we can’t accept your submission, we will contact you privately.
Q: If the event starts on August 21st, why is the deadline on the 8th?
A: All SAGE submissions get reviewed before SAGE begins by our staff. This is to ensure there are no viruses or any malicious software included within files and that all games can be loaded up and are fully functional. We need some time to do that.
Q: My submission won’t be done by the 8th, what do I do?
A: All we require by the deadline is some form of playable content, as unfinished as it may be, just to make sure your game is your game and also to give you time to fix whatever problems we may find with it. You can still keep updating your booth and your submission until the event begins.
Q: How can I get in touch with the SAGE Staff?
A: You can hit us up in SFGHQ’s Discord, or send a private message to P3DR0 (LiT#1460).
Q: Can I create my Submission’s Booth before August 8th?
A: Yes you can and you probably should. Just make sure you have something playable up there by the deadline. Entries without playable content will be dismissed at the staff’s discretion.
Q: Can I submit previously made teasers/trailers for the SAGE 2021 Trailer?
A: Yes you can. However, do expect it to get cut down or have less time focused on it depending on how it’s made or if it has been featured before in a previous SAGE trailer.