After months of silence, the wait is over: SEGA has officially announced details regarding the Sonic Origins collection.
The official trailer showcases what players can expect from this new version of the original classics, alongside a sneak peek of the brand new animated sequences for the new title.
Developed by SEGA®, Sonic Origins delivers the legendary, non-stop Sonic action found in the original games, while providing a fresh twist with remastered visuals, added features, new content and modes and more.SEGA
Sonic Origins provides new content to the titles that made the Sonic series a household name, with elements brought over from the Taxman ports of Sonic 1 and 2 for mobile devices.
Overall new features
- New areas for the player to explore
- Knuckles and Tails are now playable in Sonic 1
- Hidden Palace Zone, from the Sonic 2 prototypes, is now playable
- New Animations for each game at the beggining and ending has been added
- Interactive menu, with 3D models of characters in the background
Anniversary and Classic Mode
The games will feature two gameplay modes for players, them being the Classic Mode and Anniversary Mode.
- Anniversary Mode provides a full screen display and also brings to players an infinite number of lives to keep the fun going without having to worry about game overs.
- Players will be able to have the game on their original presentation of 4:3, and will play in the classic finite live and game over style.
Missions, Medallions and Museum
A new feature in which players can put their skills to test and earn medallions by completing various missions throughout the games. Those medallions/coins can be spent to unlock new content from the vault, players will also be able to try the Special Stage and more.
The missions will also feature a ranking system, like previous 3D modern Sonic games.
Deluxe and Standard versions
Like the release of Sonic Colors Ultimate, the highly anticipated Sonic Origins will come with a deluxe version and a standard version for fans to choose. Not only that, but fans that pre-order the title (either the deluxe or standard version) will get the Start Dash Pack.
The standard version of the title will be going for $39.99 USD, while the deluxe will be going for $44.99 USD.
- Hard Mode Missions available
- Character Animation in the Main Menu
- Camera Control over the Main Menu islands
- Character Animations during Music Islands
- Additional Music Tracks from Mega Drive titles
Start Dash Pack
- 100 Bonus Coins
- Mirror Mode already unlocked for players
- A Letterbox Background, allowing players to customize their playthrough.
Sonic Origins will be released during Sonic’s birthday, 23 June 2022. It will be a digital only release for Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series S|X, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store.