Tails’ Channel has learned that Sonic’s next collaboration may be with an upcoming free-to-play Nintendo title named “Ninjala”.
The upcoming GungHo title is being examined by data-miners after it recently launched a public beta build on the Switch.
New details uncovered by Twitter users LeanYoshi and OatmealDome revealed several references to the Sonic series within cosmetic item descriptions.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- “Attire and shoes inspired by Sonic, the fastest hedgehog ever. For the ninja who just can’t stay still.”
- “A sticker of Sonic, the fastest hedgehog in history, giving a thumbs up. Always stay true to your own sense of justice.”
- Miles “Tails” Prower
- “Headgear featuring the genius engineer Miles “Tails” Prower.”
- “Attire and shoes inspired by the genius engineer Miles “Tails” Prower. You can’t miss the distinctive two tails.”
- Knuckles the Echidna
- “Headgear featuring the intimidating echidna Knuckles.”
- “Attire and shoes inspired by the intimidating echidna Knuckles. Guaranteed to fill you with energy and confidence.”
- Doctor Robotnik
- “A sticker of the mad scientist Dr. Robotnik striking a victory pose. Let the whole world know your ambitions.”
- “An IPPON sticker featuring the dastardly genius Dr. Robotnik. For the person who never gives up, no matter how many times they fail.”
Many of these items include headgear, stickers and masks. One description even says that you can “transform into Doctor Robotnik. For those who eat, breathe, and sleep robotics.”
This news comes at an interesting time when SEGA’s Marza Animation Planet announced they have animated Ninjala’s opening sequence.
Nintendo, SEGA, and GungHo has yet to comment.